Monday, August 13, 2018

Fly Fringe Redux

Clever and talented butterball_bunny has been posting pics on Instagram of fly fringe she's making, so now I have fly fringe on the brain.

I started some fly fringe AGES ago...maybe three years ago?

Some bow tie flies made from Japanese cotton floss.

I thought I had silk floss, but if I do I have no idea where it's go to. The flies pictures above are made from Japanese cotton. It takes a lot of work to make the flies super fluffy, so this is not really a great material for fly fringe.

Some flies I made today, along with my bone tatting shuttle.

I'm also trying to figure out how to use a tatting shuttle to put the knots where I want them. I don't recall where or when I got this bone shuttle -- probably Costume College some years ago -- and I've never tatted a darn thing.

The plan is to eventually weave these bow tie flies into a tape. Naturally, I've picked a style of fly that will requires dozens upon DOZENS for even a yard of fringe. Stay tuned.

What's up with this blog: oy, it's been a very, very long time since I've added anything to this blog. Truth is, I'm just not a very good blogger. The other truth is that my creative endeavors have become even more sporadic and random than ever. I post (sporadically) on Instagram, so hop on over there if you're curious about what I've been up to.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete